Thank you to all our sponsors, exhibitors, helpers and suppoters!
See you again in 2018.
Dunmanway Agricultural Show will take place on Sunday July 2nd 2017 at Dromleena Lawn (Racecourse), Dunmanway. Dunmanway Show is renowned as one of the highlights on the showing circuit each Summer. Walking around the showgrounds is like looking at a slice of country life. From pedigree animals to homebaking; everything is on display.
Apart from the hotly contested classes for horses, ponies, cattle, sheep, goats, poultry, domestic arts, horticulture and dogs, we have a wide variety of activities to keep our spectators entertained. There is always a wide range of sideshows; including Macra na Feirme competitions, most appropriately dressed lady and gent, bonny baby competition and much more. We hope to see you there!
All Ireland Championship 2017
Dunmanway Agricultural Society Ltd.
Horse Sport Ireland
The All Ireland Young Show Person Championship
Prize Fund: â‚¬2,000
Champion â‚¬600 & Eleanor Moore Trophy, Reserve â‚¬400, 3rd â‚¬200, 4th â‚¬150, 5th â‚¬100, 6th â‚¬80, 7th - end â‚¬30
All exhibitors will receive a rosette.
Entry Fee: â‚¬20
FINAL AT: Dunmanway Agricultural Show, Sunday July 2nd at 2:30pm approx.
Rules and Conditions:
- The Competition is open to persons 16 years and over who have not attained their 24th birthday on the day of the final. Proof of age will be requested.
- Competitors can show a horse / pony (over 148cm) of any breed, provided that they are registered in an approved studbook. Passports must be available for inspection, if required, on the day of the final. The animal will not be judged.
- All animals to be shown in hand with appropriate tack.
- No colts over 1 year allowed.
- Animals do not have to be the property of the handler; however, the handler will be asked a series of questions about the animal.
- Equine premises number and UELN/Reg. number must be provided with the entry.
- This class is exempt from rule 13.
- Previous first prize winners of the Young Show Person Championship are not permitted to compete in the championship the following year.
- Animals shown in this class may compete in other classes at Dunmanway Show.
- All exhibitors must remain in the ring until prizes are presented. Otherwise, any prizes will be forfeited.
- Entries to be made direct to the Secretary of Dunmanway Show on or before Friday June 16th on the correct form and accompanied by the appropriate entry fee.
- These rules should be read in conjunction with the General I.S.A. rules and the Dunmanway show rules.
The competition will be judged under the following criteria:
- Demonstrable understanding of safety when handling and showing horses
- Skill in showing their animal in hand (walk, trot up, stand for conformation)
- Overall impression, sportsmanship and courtesy (including appropriate attire and turnout)
For more information, please contact us.
All Trade Stand Enquiries, please Contact Reggie on 086-8571583.