Cattle ➤ Young Handlers
Dunmanway Show 2023 - Sun, 2nd Jul, 2023
THE IRISH SHOWS ASSOCIATION PRESENT
THE ALL IRELAND JUNIOR YOUNGSTOCKPERSON CHAMPIONSHIP 2023 8-12 YEARS OLD
SPONSORED BY FBD INSURANCE AND THE IRISH FARMER'S JOURNAL
Entry Fee: To Qualifying Show: €10 To Final: €15
Final Date:19 Aug 2023
Venue:Cappamore Agricultural Show
Cattle - Opening Notes
Animal Identification and Movement (AIM) Notification
- The movement of cattle to and from an Agricultural Show/Fair within the State must be recorded on the AIM System.
- With effect from 4 February 2019 there is a specific Certificates of Compliance for the “Movement of Bovine from a Single Holding to a Show”, form NBAS 31K refers.
- The herd keeper must obtain the Certificate of Compliance prior to the movement of animals. The certificate can be created by (i) applying on-line using their agfood account or (ii) where the keeper is not on-line the certificate can be generated by the local Regional Veterinary Office (RVO) following receipt of a completed form NBAS 31 K.
- The creation of a certificate is subject to normal movement criteria such as clear TB test etc.
- A copy of form NBAS 31K is included at Appendix 2 and will also be available on www.gov.ie.
- When applying for this certificate, the Show/Fair number is not required. The certificate generated will include an “S” symbol.
- The Certificate of Compliance for a show will continue to be valid for a period of up to 30 days. As is currently the case, these can be used for the movement of animal/s to several shows during the validity period of the certificate. Requests to the RVO should be provided with sufficient time to allow for the certificate to be generated and issued especially where one cert expires, and another is required immediately. Keepers who are likely to attend at consecutive shows are strongly advised to apply using agfood.
- Calves which are less than 10 days old cannot be moved to a Show.
- The Movement Notification Section of the Certificate should be completed and signed by the Keeper. The form should also be signed / stamped by the Show Secretary who must clearly indicate the Show Number. The Show movement should be recorded on the passport. Ultimate responsibility for fulfilling these requirements lies with the Show Secretary.
- If the animal/s move from the show to a herd other than the source herd, the new destination herd must also sign the certificate.
- Completed forms must be sent by the Show Secretary to the local RVO within seven days of the Show. Failure to have movements recorded within the required time scale may have implications for the herd keeper/s involved.
Show Herd Number: S981
N.B. ABSOLUTELY NO LATE ENTRIES CAN BE ACCEPTED PLEASE ENTER ON TIME ONLINE
ENTRIES CLOSE: 23rd June 2023
PAPER ENTRIES CLOSE: 16th June 2023
Don't forget to check out our excellent young handlers classes.
RULES AND CONDITIONS
1. The Competition is open to girls and boys, age on the 1st September will determine the class each exhibitor enters.
2. One exhibitor qualifies from each qualifying show for the Final.
3. Animals can be of any Beef breed, male, or female (pedigree or non-pedigree beef) and must be leading.
4. An exhibitor can show an animal belonging to another herd owner.
5. Junior exhibitors will exhibit an animal male or female calf born on or after 1st September 2022.
6. Calf identity cards to be available for inspection on show day.
7. Exhibitors may be asked for proof of their age at the final.
8. An adult may aid an exhibitor in the junior class if deemed necessary.
9. No Entries will be accepted on the day of the Qualifying Show.
10. Previous 1st Place Winners are no longer eligible to enter this age category.
THE COMPETITION WILL BE JUDGED ON CRITERIA, WHICH MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. The ability to handle and present the animal to its best advantage in the Show Ring.
2. General knowledge about the animal itself, including its feeding, breeding, etc.
3. Stock Judging, the ability to judge and place a group of animals.
4. Personal presentation of stock person.
5. Presentation of the animal.
Prize Breakdown at Final
1st €500.00 cash; 2nd €300.00 cash; 3rd €150.00 cash; 4th €100.00 cash; 5th €75.00 cash; 6th to end €50.00 cash
No entries permitted on day of event.